By an anonymous person

 

An important Mission Exhibit, the first in the Diocese, was held in the Springfield auditorium, under the auspices of His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas M. O’Leary, Bishop of Springfield, from October 15th to 19th last.

In response to His Excellency’s invitation, various Missionary Congregations of priests and religious came from Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Canada, to participate in this great apostolic exposition.

Visitors in great numbers passed before the forty-six booths where were displayed interesting exhibits of a widely diversified nature, but intended all to make the missions known and loved. The different conferences were well attended, as also the illustrated lectures and demonstrations given by the missionaries on their respective fields of apostolate […]

 

(The Precursor, January-February 1942, p.388)